Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Garth (not Brooks)

Garth Abbott loved my husband even when he dyed his hair blue and came to church with it like that. Garth Abbott cares for his 90 year old mother and family member with down syndrome. Garth Abbot has a wife, children, and grand children. He has the biggest meaty hands I've ever shook and an even bigger heart. He was my bishop when I was in college and he gave me acceptance, love and a better view of how much God loves me, loves us all. He knew my name in a sea of faces. He has aggressive cancer. He can't pay for the treatment. You can do a good thing by donating an item, service to an online auction for him or just donate money. Email his daughter-in-law at helpgarth@yahoo.com to see what you can do. I didn't think I had any talent or item to share, but I can make a killer Valentine's Day gift basket! What can you do? Check out the details at thedailyabbott.blogspot.com

3 comments:

The San Diego Mills said...

Angie, I'm so glad you posted this on your blog. I read about it on Lynette's blog and it broke my heart to hear about this news. I think I might do some type of baked good, even though I don't live in the Las Vegas area. What an amazing man he is! He was such a great, loving bishop and it's so sad that this has happened.

Anna said...

Yeah, I finally found your blog...but to be honest, I only check blogs every other month or so. But Kylie will enjoy seeing pictures of Afton every once in awhile. I'll add you if that's okay. :)

Cyndi said...

Ang I couldn't find the website you posted on my comments. It doesn't come up. Post it again. I would love to try new stuff! Let me know when you get a sec!