Friday, December 19, 2008

Dog Funeral

Do you think it would disrupt the Christmas chi in my house if I caused actual death to my dog? Like, cut his scrawny little body into pieces and feed it to the alligators type thing? RAISIN IS DRIVING ME NUTS! He peed on my Christmas tree. Not only did he whiz on my ornaments, lights and actual tree (how on earth do you clean 5ooo little fake needles whilst they are connected to 1000 lights?), but he peed on my beautifully wrapped gifts and my tree skirt! And it wasn't just any tree skirt, it was a gorgeous beaded, Martha Stewart number I fell in love with and coughed up 25 bucks for because it was just that awesome. I saw in in a KMart ad...and honestly, who goes to KMart anymore? I don't, it's like the twilight zone in there...deserted, outdated and it smells like the seventies. But, I drug both my kids out in the night and drove all the way to Henderson to get the thing...so I must have really liked it! The care instructions specifically say to not get it wet, so that would rule out peeing on it and washing it. DEEEEP LOOOONG Breath. I always wrap the fancy packages first because they look good under the tree...you know the ones that you buy the gorgeous foil paper and special ribbon for? Yeah, he peed on those.

One of the hardest things about being pregnant for me is that I lose my sensible normal self. I cry over the weirdest stuff. Nic was getting ready for work and stopped ironing his shirt to come over and put his arm around me while I knelt before my newly spinkled Christmas tree and cried like I was five years old. PSYCHO! I know! I hate it, but truly can't help it. He's the best husband. After the crazy lady hormones retreated back in their cave, I stopped to think about there are much worse things going on in the world than my peed on christmas tree. I had a great day just laughing at my kids. Afton even drew me a picture of a new "christmas carpet" (tree skirt) to make me feel better. Poor kid! My favorite cute moment of the day was Afton and Evan fighting over the bandaid in the doctor kit. Evan chased her around saying, "AH-TON! DIMMIE DAT DAMBAID! I'm so grateful for my cute family that puts up with me so willingly. And if you made it to the end of this post....thankful for you too. Merry Christmas and pray for Raisin's life...I still haven't made up my mind about his fate.

8 comments:

Stacie said...

AAACK!!

Martha Stewart vs. dog urine is enough to make ANYONE cry- whether pregnant or not!

i said...

this is the last straw(or pine needle) raisin!
some grouchy, lonely soul needs raisin. they would do each other good.
www.craigslist.com
just in case :)

"M" Clan said...

You made Adam giggle while he bakes muffins, we love you! xo

Michelle said...

Oh Angie, that's rough! I would have cried too!!
I guess there are worse things (like still being at the beginning of pregnancy), but I can understand.
Would your kids be devistated without Raisin?

Lynette said...

Yeah, as much as I love dogs...I think even I would be finding a new home for the mutt!

Juan "the mysterious" said...

Ang, You're hilarious. You should publish some of your writings, seriously you have a good voice; very readable and personal. You're a good mama. Those silly hormones are lame. Give nic a hug from juan.

megan beals photography said...

Angie- this is Megan Beals. My biggest fear since we got our dog over 4 years ago was that I could never have a Christmas tree because surely he would pee on it and all the presents. So this post cracked me up. I feel for you with the pet shenanigans, but luckily ours has never committed this Christmas crime.

Michelle said...

your comment on Julie's blog about laundry was hillarious! I guess that means that the dog lives on...
hope you are doing well!
when is your baby due?