Sunday, March 27, 2011

A weekend in favorites

The best thing anyone said to me this weekend was: You look like Elizabeth Taylor, only more wholesome.

The best thing I ate this weekend was something I have never before tasted: It was breaded shrimp in this sweet mayo-like sauce with candied pecans. Oh, and the bowl of flawless huge berries atop chewy granola and Tahitian vanilla yogurt wasn't bad either!

The funniest thing I saw this weekend was a huge missile aimed at the sky on the side of Route 66. Perched on top was, wait for it....Snoopy.
Snoopy rocket.
My favorite thing I wore was a new pair of cork wedged heels with silver flecks in the corky part. I buckled them too tightly though, and almost required amputation after dinner.

My favorite person I met was a man who has worked in 32 different countries. He was like Indiana Jones and held me captive as he regaled me with the tale of his 500 mile trip down the Nile river with a bunch of refugees aboard.

My favorite fuzzy moment was waking up with my sweetheart in a pillowy king sized bed and watching The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross. They were happy little trees indeed.

My favorite thing I wanted to buy but didn't was a can of bandaids that looked like strips of bacon.

My favorite traveling song for this weekend was Hurt. The NIN song that Johnny Cash so expertly covered.

Scottsdale, if you weren't an even hotter armpit than Vegas, I'd almost move there.


4 comments:

Katy said...

It's time to move here.

Anna said...

Glad you had a great time. Sounds divine! We need to talk about doing something with our girls and a possible tuacahn...i love the idea!

Michelle said...

Angie, I've never read something you've written without being happy that I did!
I have to say, I thought I was the only person in the world (besides my grandma) that has ever watched The Joy of Painting!
I have no idea what you were doing in Scottsdale, but it sounds like fun.
And by the way, looking like a more wholesome version of Elizabeth Taylor sounds pretty good to me! What a compliment... and I can totally see it! (Not that you need to look like anyone else, you're so darn beautiful!)

craigbergonzoni said...

Any blog post with a Bob Ross & Trent Reznor (NIN) mention is pretty cool. ;)