Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Smile of the Mind

I love when a random brief image gives me a chuckle...something you just happen to run into. This week I saw three things that just made me laugh. The first was a sixty-something flowerchild driving a hot pink Geo Tracker - the same Geo Tracker I coveted in 10th grade. She had on a fuzzy homemade beanie, and went tearing around a corner with her tie-dyed skirt slammed in her door dragging along the street. I had a good time imagining what her apartment must look like...with overgrown aloe plants, worn out futons and burning incense.

The next thing I saw just this morning. It was a burly blue collar worker drving his beat up white work truck. On the hood was super glued the exact barbie horse I had as a kid. The Palimino with blonde mane...one hoof delicately posed in a prancing position. I laughed out loud when I saw the mane magestically blowing in the wind as he barreled down Flamingo street.

Then I saw a man standing at a bus stop with a head infinitely too small for his Frankenstien-like shoulders. I was hoping it was just a poorly chosen coat with big shoulder pads.

I guess I'm not the only one who finds amusement in the ordinary...on the way to pick Afton up from preschool I hear Evan snickering in the backseat. I asked him what was so funny. He said, "Mom, look at Raisin's weener...I HAVE A WEENER LIKE THAT!"

9 comments:

The San Diego Mills said...

I seriously laughed out loud reading this post! Your descriptions of these random people that you saw was so amusing to me! We must have a very similar sense of humor. Also, the cookbook that my sister-in-law gave me was the Deceptively Delicious one, by Jerry Seinfeld's wife.

Mackay Family said...

I thought I was the only one! There's a guy that I pass every morningon the way to work that drives a pink ISUZU "Amigo." I totally get it.

"M" Clan said...

Evan, oh my gosh, I burst out laughing! xo

Stacie said...

I love seeing the world through your eyes, you make me smile!

i said...

i'm having a smile of the mind as anna sobs because she is stuck in dallin's exersaucer... am i rude ? naaa. :)

Lynette said...

I love your posts! They always give me a much needed laugh!

Gina Rochelle said...

hahaha..oh I miss you guys!

Karen said...

In need your email address so I can send you an invite to my blog :) (krazy421 at yahoo dot com)

CatinaMarie said...

You are just so funny. That's all I can say. I'm laughing out loud and it's 12:19. What the heck am I doing up anyway. Seriously though, so dang funny.