Saturday, June 21, 2008

Older than Dirt

My baby turned 30 yesterday! 30 feels so old and I would continue to make fun of him and his AARP magazines that are sure to arrive in the mail any day, but I'm older than he so I'll shut up now. But the upside of turning into a geezer is that you get cool things done for you!

I dropped the kids off at my sister's and then picked up Nic from work. Just walking in that place stresses me out...I love him for doing a scary job everyday. Then we went to a bakery to get this ridiculously tasty vanilla bean lemonade. There were whole beans floating around in the lemonade bucket and little black specks stuck to the Styrofoam cup. Yum. Nic was so cute, he took me there to just show me snippets of his life. Then he wanted to take me to this hilarious hotel that he had a networking thing at. It was so ridiculously creepy! If vampires ever vacation in Vegas they stay at the Artisan hotel. Black walls and ceilings, leopard carpet, goth furniture, paintings on the ceilings, candles, heavy curtains, suits of armor...So creepy. I laughed because on one of the big book shelves in the lobby there was a big red book called "Sweet Torrid Surrender" next to a book called "Entertaining with Regis and Kathy Lee". I guess even vampires throw dinner parties.

Then we went to Town Square for some shopping, dinner and a movie. We saw Get Smart which nearly made me wet myself. I highly recommend it. The kids stayed at my sisters for the night and we got to go home and have run of the house...so nice for a change!

Happy Birthday my sweetheart.




8 comments:

NicolasLarkiN said...

Older than dirt am I? Then let us discuss the moldy dusty-ness that is your eternal putrid existence you ancient denture-having relic! ... But then, there is the beauty she has, and the occasional quick witt. Then, she is a wonderful mother and the best wife extortion can buy. She runs a tight ship and made a wonderful birthday date for me. Alright, alright, she is the most beautful, accomplished and fantastic woman I've ever met (sorry ladies). She is the reason my heart still beats. I love her...desperately. She says I'm cheap and easy. I say, I'm just whupped.

Karen said...

I have never heard of that hotel, is it here in Vegas? I just have to tell you that you are one photogenic woman. You have a beautiful smile!

The San Diego Mills said...

Looks like a lovely time! A Happy Belated Birthday to your man. I was going to say the exact same thing as your friend Karen, you are without a doubt one of the most lovely, photogenic ladies ever! I could only hope for pictures of myself such as that!

i said...

Dang, that place looks CRAZY! What a fun night...and quite the fancy comment from Nic. What a guy...even if he's old!

Stacie said...

Happy birthday, Schmutz!!

Audrey Taylor said...

I LOVE how crazy you and Nic are for each other! What a treat to read a comment from him on this post. You radiate with happiness when you are with him and it even comes through your words when you're writing. Happy happy days!

Mackay Family said...

Imagine me beating you all at Catan and then leading Daniel and Anna in a chorus of my new hit song, "Nic is really really old now"

Nic is really realy old now yes he is,
Nic is really really old now yes he is,
He is really really old,
And he smells just like a toad,
I can't believe how really really old he really is.

Gina Rochelle said...

Oh, you guys are so cute!